Wednesday, April 30, 2008

soon

things that make me think these boys are coming soon...
1.  mild yet fairly regular contractions.
2.  on average, i get up 3-4 times to use the bathroom between the hours of 12am-7am.
3.  the other day i was lying on the bed and i asked kevin if he would help me get up, because getting up from a lying down position is very awkward and uncomfortable these days, and once he got me to a sitting position on the edge of the bed i burst into tears.  the poor guy.  he hugged me and comforted me - apologized over and over because he thought he'd hurt me.  through tears, sniffles, and broken breaths i told him i was fine and that he hadn't hurt me - that it just always hurt to try to get out of bed.  i tried to quickly get my tears under control and i succeeded, but it was the kind of crying that had i been alone i may have sobbed and sobbed until i fell asleep just because it would've felt good.  
4.  we finally sold our saab, which really is a huge blessing for us!  so yesterday i went with kevin to drop off the vehicle to the new owner, and as we pulled out of the parking lot i looked back at my sport-luxury sedan and tears welled up in my eyes.  
5.  later that same day i went to the grocery store to do our weekly shopping.  i wandered through the store with purpose, only going down the aisles that had items i needed.  as i reached for the last item on my list, a 12oz can of frozen concentrate minute maid orange juice, tears once again pooled in my eyes...  i was just so pleased knowing that i had gotten great deals with my wildcard savings, and that i was saving us money, and that kevin would be pleased.  
6.  last week kevin and i were driving home from somewhere - to be more specific, i was driving and he was riding along while talking with one of our tenants on the phone.  we sat at a red light at the intersection in front of the police station.  there are three lanes there - the farthest one to the right is a turn-right-only lane, the next lane goes straight, and the next lane goes straight to the next traffic light and then turns left.  so we sat in the middle lane waiting patiently for our green light.  kevin still on the phone and me in a bit of a daze, i see a green light and remove my foot from the brake and begin rolling into the intersection.  out of the corner of my eye i catch kevin waving at me with a concerned look on his face.  i think to myself, i wonder what's wrong, as i nonchalantly glance once more at the light.  oh, that's what's wrong!  the green light i saw was for the lane to the right of me.  i moved my foot back to the break and continued to wait patiently while laughing my head off - kevin wasn't as amused.  in actuality it all happened quite quickly - our vehicle never even made it under the traffic light, but it felt like slow motion.
7.  earlier that same day i walked into a screen door.

please tell me that all of these things mean that they're coming soon!  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You betcha they're coming soon! Within the next 4 weeks!!!!

Daniel and I are beginning the process of selling our car (we really don't need it). Daniel's really sad about it because it's been "his," even though he's really excited to get it sold and start setting aside money for whenever we need to replace the van (hopefully not for a few years). So I think I kind of know how you feel...

See you later!

Anonymous said...

Liz when I was pregnant with Marissa I burst into tears because we were out of cresent rolls for dinner and I can't even tell you how many times I poured drinks all over the front of my shirt while watching myself and having no idea why. You've got to love being pregnant and crazy, right....

Keila said...

The good news is: those babies have no other way to go but out! The bad news: Two little girls and one pregnancy later, I'm still crying over pretty much ANYTHING and the "mommy head" as I call it to make myself feel better, hasn't gone away! From washing disposable diapers, running wash loads without soap all the way to trying to change TV stations with a phone (and vice-versa), you name it, I've probably done it! Praying for you as you wait the last stretch... just remember: this is the closest these little two boys will be to you!

Anonymous said...

i read this post aloud to andy and well...since we have no idea what it is like to be pregnant and i guess insensitive...we laughed soo hard. i can't wait for these little boys to arrive so that i can hold them.

by the way...i am still laughing about the screen door and the wild card savings.

i hope i didn't make you cry again...i am nervous to even talk to you now...:) not really...i will probably call you tomorrow.

love you!

abigaildaniels said...

Oh, they are coming for sure! I just told Ryan that he will be getting a call any day now to tell him about his two new nephews! (have you worked on that hospital bag yet?)

Anonymous said...

The tears over the WildCard savings are definitely the funniest tears I've ever heard of.
All I can think of is the perinatal docs in Syracuse (Dr. Nos and his colleagues) being soooo proud of you! They see so many high-risk patients and so many babies that don't want to stay on the inside, that women like you excite them to no end! They would praise you up and down for keeping the boys in for this long and hold you up in very high regard. So be proud...and take their advice...DON'T RUSH IT!
P.S. They can give that advice with confidence and ease since they are all male and will never carry or deliver babies! Ha! Hang in there!