Wednesday, April 2, 2008

ohio - day 3

i woke up almost hourly last night thinking that i was in labor - not because i was in any discomfort or having contractions (i have yet to know what that feels like), but because i kept dreaming that i was in labor.  the hard part about being in a hotel room when you're having trouble sleeping is that you're stuck.  if i was at home i could quietly leave the room, so as not to wake up kevin, and i could go watch tv in the living room or read a book or clean something.  so what did i do last night, you may be wondering.  first, i went for the tossing and turning option, which at this stage in the pregnancy, i may as well have just started jumping up and down on the bed.  i don't know if you can relate, but lying down makes me feel like a beached whale and with every toss or turn comes some strange grunting sound that i'm fairly certain sounds nothing like the noises a whale would make.  on to option number two, i propped myself up in bed with pillows, placed my hands on my belly, and tried to determine if the bulges i was feeling were heads or butts, the same baby or two different babies.  if you ask me, it's nearly impossible to come to a conclusion on that, which brought me to option number three.  i peeled back the covers, slid myself out of bed, and sat myself down at the desk.  next, i opened my laptop, hit the mute button, dimmed the screen, typed slowly and quietly, and i caught up on the news and played online crosswords puzzles.  i eventually did climb back into bed and was able to sleep and sleep and sleep without having dreamt that i was in labor.  

ok, so update/confessional on all things prego...  i'm still waiting to have those cravings that makes me send kevin out in the middle of the night for a milkshake.  i have yet to experience this full/thick head of hair that i'm supposed to get.  my rings do come on and off as easily as they did the day i got married!  i like the way my belly button looks (though i have a feeling that may change in another week or so - i think it's on it's way out).  shaving legs and clipping toe nails are just ridunkulous undertakings - i can't even see my feet - what do you think that says about the east of those conquests?!  don't panic, i still do it, it's just not my favorite activity.  

and this concludes today's segment of... things you never wanted to know and then some... 

No comments: