Thursday, April 3, 2008

31 week blues

never thought i'd say it, but i think i've gotta a case of the 31 weeks blues.  i decided to wander off of the conference center's grounds today and skip on over to the mall - not that i have money to spend, but it was something to do and there were a few maternity related items that i was in need of.  the mall here isn't as large as the Carousel Mall in Syracuse, but in many ways it's much nicer.  i strolled up and down the mall looking for the stores that suited me, and took notice of the other stores that i would like to suit me.  these other stores had their seasonally appropriate window displays perfectly decorated with quality garments in vibrant patterns and colors that were calling out to me, 'wait!  come back!  try us on - you know we're tailored precisely for your frame.'  i hung my head slightly and whispered back, 'no you're not - not right now - not this season.'  

i remember somewhere around my 26 week mark coming across a website for ladies expecting twins.  i started reading comments that were left by these ladies about how they missed their body's and couldn't wait to get their figures back - blah, blah, blah.  i remember being totally frustrated and thinking they just don't get it - they're selfish, etc.  and now, here i am, ashamed to admit that i somewhat relate.  

i walked into a children's store today to browse the infant sale items and one of the sales associates asked me when my baby was due.  i said, 'actually we're having two and we think they'll arrive in May.'  she commented that she thought i looked good for twins and that i wasn't very big.  she was nice and it was a fun conversation, but i left the store thinking... not very big?  i'm out-growing maternity clothes and all of my shoes are tight and.... well, let's just leave it at that.  

so, all that to say, i think i'm having a bout of the 31 weeks blues.  it'll pass, i know.  in fact, i'm certain that as soon as i wake up from my nap it'll be like a whole new day.  

sweet dreams. 

6 comments:

Lore Ferguson said...

Oh Lou!

Well. I think you're perfect and your lovely boys too. I can't wait til they're born and it's summer and I can be with you and them ALL of the time...

Enjoy relaxing! K? Soak it up!

danica said...

Glad you got a nap. Those are lovely when you're at the end, growing babies big and strong.

Stay rested.

(And maybe it's selfish, but I sure remember thinking, "I can't believe I'm wearing these clothes out in public. This is SO NOT ME, but it's so the only thing that fits!!")

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Lizzy! I think you're allowed at least one or two "bluesy" days!

When I see you, I always think, "Wow, Liz is experiencing a whole level of personal sacrifice that I don't even know about." And I think you're simple awesome for doing it with such a great attitude!

Anonymous said...

I pray that Kevin is still feeling good! Tell him that I said "hi"~

Rob

Liz said...

hey rob - will do. kev does seem to be much better - we'll be driving home today so hopefully all will go well. see you soon.

abigaildaniels said...

I think that having a few days of the blues over baby hugeness is ok. Just keep in the back of your mind that you WON'T be pregnant forever. If you're like me, you will look back very fondly on these days. They are special and only happen once with each baby! (or babies in your case!)