Friday, October 31, 2008

babies

i sat on the couch holding gabriel close against my chest while addison lay asleep in his crib upstairs.  showing his strength and curious nature he snuggled close but kept his head up looking about all the while.  i propped my feet up and closed my eyes, the previous night had been a long one.  with my eyes closed i could sense gabriel looking about, turning his head slowly from one side to the other.  moments passed and then he gently laid his head down on my chest.  a rush of warmth filled me.  the sweetness of my son snuggled up against me, there is nothing like it.  i sank into the couch a bit more and my thoughts began to wander. 

i'm sober.  i can't find the words.  i reach into the depths of myself to pull out something.  something of impact.  something that will make you understand.  maybe a fact, a story, or a description of the thoughts racing in my mind, but all i find are three simple words that matter the most.  vote pro life.  



2 comments:

danica said...

oh, that last picture! such baby cuteness!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, positively beautiful. It's truly a beautiful thing, life. Your boys, what can I say, but complete love and innocence. You're a good mommy Liz. Yes everyone out there...VOTE PRO-LIFE. Just look at these sweet, little faces.
Love you, Nancy C.