Monday, October 6, 2008

sleeping with bees, walking with mice

'twas two hours till sunday school, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, except me.  my teeth were brushed, i styled my hair, i donned wool pants cause there was a chill in the air.  the children were nestled all snug in our bed, while visions of nursing danced in their heads.  i awoken my hubby with a gentle back rub-y and told him it was time to hop in the bath tub-y, when above our heads arose such a clatter, kevin sprang out of bed to see what was the matter.  around our heads it flew like a flash, i reached for my shoes to give it a bash.  it was a bee, you see, and not just one or two but multiply that by three.  death, death to the bee!  

then, just moments ago while sitting on my couch a mouse, A MOUSE, ran right through my house.  i cried out to my spouse, there's a mouse, A MOUSE in our house.  so off to the store to purchase a trap, oh how we wish to hear it SNAP.  

calling all insects, rodents, and horrible pests you'll stay away from our home if you know what's best!

6 comments:

danica said...

you're too much!

Anonymous said...

Too funny, and yet: I would of flew out of that bed in such a flash, that I would of fell to the floor with one big crash! Bees, bees, geeze Louise! Rodent, mouse in your house? I shutter to think, as I blink. God remove insects, rodents and pests, and let them get their needed rest!!! Love you guys. Nancy C.

Jacqs said...

True inspiration ... isn't it fun when words flow like ice cream? Er, wait ... ice cream doesn't exactly flow ... well ... you know what I mean!!!

i am not but i know I AM said...

That is awesome!! very creative Liz! I Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

abigaildaniels said...

I love it! You could write book for kids, you know!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Abby- we need some good quality children's lit! And by the way- have a heart is just NOT an option- git rid of those buggers-