Tuesday, February 24, 2009

true confession

a little history: i was the first one from my family to be born in the united states. my mother and father are from england. all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins still live in the UK.

knowing the above information you would think that if i didn't have an english accent myself than at the very least i would be able to do a decent impression of one. the truth is that i cannot. my imitation of a british accent is horrendous. at best i can imitate the accent one word at a time. my efforts to speak full sentences result in embarrassment and laughter. i sound like a mixture of a brit, an irish man, an american, an african, and occasionally a pakastani. what's even funnier... sometimes when i'm reading stories aloud to my sons and no one is around, i try to practice my english accent.

just thought you'd want to know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When no one is around I read aloud in a british accent too! At least my best attempt at it... I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one who actually does this!

p.s. your boys are adorable, but you already know that!

abigaildaniels said...

haha! I'll second the fact that your accent is surprisingly bad! Keep working at it with the boys! ;-)